Join the Charter family and grow with us.
When you work at Charter Manufacturing you're part of a four-generation family business. That means, you're not just an employee, you're one of our family members.
Grow through Charter's Internship values of communication, high expectations, accountability, responsibility, teamwork, exposure to business, and real-world work experience. Become part of the Safety department while being exposed to varying issues. Assist and/or lead multiple Safety projects supporting the different facets of the business. Collaborate directly with other employees and work on projects independently.
Duration/Schedule: Flexible part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer months.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Environmental Health and Safety or a related field with current status of at least a Sophomore level. Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree program in Occupational Safety with multiple courses completed toward major or a related field with current status of at least a Junior level.
- Training skills.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA Standards.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Emphasis in Environmental Program.
- Perform safety projects such as lockout/tagout, confined spaces, fall protection, etc.
- Conduct plant safety inspections, safety observations of employees, and accident investigations.
- Industrial hygiene sampling.
- Assist in auditing/managing safety programs.
- Assist in developing/delivering safety training.
- Document and improve processes
- Support Safety Teams.
- Generate reports as requested.
- Gain exposure to Environmental Management Systems.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Juggling multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Working independently with little direction.